WHAT TO EAT AFTER NAVRATRI FASTING?
Fasting it means self-discipline, self-confidence, Energy, dedication. In mostly people celebrate Navratri festival with lots of dedication to pray Maa Durga. Some people believe to do fasting to get relax there body organs and to do detox also. This is a way to keep body in a satvic ways for certain period. It can be for 1 day to 9 days. Fasting can be based on only fruits or mixed of phalahari meal or can be only on water.
During these days body having hormonal and functional changes which need proper care after fasting to get back into normal body functionalities.
Eating anything after fasting can harm your digestion. Body needs easily digestible food which provide rest to digestive organ. After fasting few common health issues are bloating, heaviness, weakness, dehydration, heart burn / acidity, headache etc.
Fried food, greasy, spicy food can increased the acidity. Too much simple carbs can also increases the bloating tendency. Having heavy meal after fasting can cause fat gain due to low BMR tendency.
DIET TIPS AFTER NAVRATRI FASTING
- Drink enough natural refreshing drink which help body to get back for normal functionalities and reduce constipation.
- Like lemon water, ACV/ mint water/ coconut water provide require electrolyte to fulfil initial requirements etc.
- Eat fresh fruit , fruit plate , gaond rav, subja water etc
- Lunch may choose – healthy Dalia/ simple dal and roti, dal + rice.
- Other meal- Curd / buttermilk helps to improve gut flora.
- Vegetable soup helps to improve appetite.
- Eat small and frequent meal.
- Avoid too much spices to reduce acidity.
- Avoid to take too much simple sugar.
- Hydrate yourself by drinking enough water (3-4 ltr).
KEEP YOURSELF HEALTHY………….ENJOY GOOD HEALTH
Dietitian Arti Jain
Chief Nutritionist & Weight Loss Consultant
Founder of Diet4Health