Let’s Health Conscious this Diwali
Diwali is a festival of lights, Loud Crackers and sweets and happiness but sometimes we ignore our health during the preparation and celebration. Make this Diwali Healthy with health tips-
Don’t Skip your meal, eating smaller portions, but eating more often, will keep glucose stable. Always keep store some healthy easy food which you can eat in short of time- Khakhra, Kurmura Oats, Porridge, Cornflakes, Bread etc
So you can finish your work with full energy
- Eat 4-5 Fruits & Vegetable serving per day. Choose Citrus fruits, red pepper, tomatoes, spinach and melon are good sources of vitamin “C: and blackberries, raspberries, cranberries, and pomegranate contain ellagic acid helps to glow your skin and look beautiful by extra skin care which may counter the deleterious effects of UV rays.
This helps to look younger and beautiful
- Drink 3-4 l liquid/day. Stay Hydrated-Increases Liquid and water intake Ex Lemon water, Fruit Juices, Vegetable juices, Butter milk, Green Tea, Milk. Liquid intake make your body hydrated and keep your body alkaline.
You can enjoy your shopping with Good health & energy
- Avoid Alcohol intake. Alcohol is not good for your body. It dehydrates you and add extra kilos in your body .Drink some fresh fruit juices and water in-between your drinks and make sure you don’t drink on an empty stomach. Don’t forget to detoxify your body by drinking Fresh vegetable juices next Morning.
So you can keep your body free from harmful effect of alcohol.
- Increase Fibre intake. Improve fibre intake in your diet by eating whole grains , raw vegetables, fruits, bran, sprouted, vegetables seeds which helps to keep your bowels healthy with good nutrient absorption – skin, hair, nails, muscles and bones become nourished and improve your looks and Mood also .
You can enjoy festival without any digestive complaint with good Mood.
- Limit sweet intake .Healthy Sweets Options- Choose Chenna , Dates , Dry fruits, Sweet made by Jaggery, Fruits Pudding, Kheer, Chiki ,Sandesh etc.
Healthy sweet choice help to enjoy sweet without fear of diseases
- Avoid Fatty and fried food. Healthy snacks choose roasted, baked or barbeque options over the deep fried ones. Avoid Saturated fat found in Ghee, Mava, Whole cream Dairy product, Vanaspati Ghee etc cause Heart diseases, weight gain, Diabetes, Damage skin etc
Keep yourself diseases free
- Choose Healthy Gift- Instead of buying fat loaded sweets to gift your friends and relative you may give them Healthy fruits baskets and dry fruits.
You May Take care other health also
- By Dietitian Arti Jain