Milia is a white, yellowish bump on the skin. Milia occur when keratin becomes trapped beneath the surface of the skin. Keratin is a strong protein that’s typically found in skin tissues, hair, and nail cells. Milia develop when skin flakes become trapped under the surface of the skin.
These cysts are often found in groups like 5-10. Multiple cysts are called milia.
How do I confirm milia?
Milia appear as 1–2 mm white-to-yellow, dome-shaped bumps that are not painful or itchy.
Common sites of Milia are-
- Around the eyes,
- Anywhere in face
HOW TO PREVENT MILIA-
- Regular Clean , Exfoliate , Moisturize your Skin with gentle medicated product only.
- You may use Vitamin E or Retinol serum on your face.
- Use sunscream regularly .
Available Treatment for Milia Removal
- Deroofing. A sterile needle picks out the contents of the cyst. Takes only 5-10 mins .
- Topical retinoid. These vitamin A-containing creams help exfoliate your skin.
- Chemical peels. Chemical peels cause the first layer of skin to peel off, unearthing new skin.
- Destruction curettage. The cysts are surgically scraped and cauterized.
Here in Diet4Health Milia removing takes only 5-10 mins. You will see only pin like spot which heal in few days only.
Further Skin consultation are also there to avoid this condition .